EDITORIAL SECRETARY Paterson Grade: B5
. Grade 12
· Past experience in an editorial environment
· Working knowledge of computer programs needed in administration including Word and Excel
· Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking German
. Collects all media invitations received by incoming mail addressed to the Office, fax messages, and all other invites to assist the Manager to compile a daily diary.
· Receives and directs visitors to the Office and provides them with basic information to ascertain their needs and assist visitors.
· Receives and delivers phone messages, opinions or messages from newsmakers, clients and contributors to appropriate company employees to improve communication from the outside to the newsroom.
· Replies and RSVP’s to invitations according to the instructions of the Manager to ensure smooth news gathering operations.
· Coordinate with the Manager when trips must be arranged in line with invitations or the
. Supplement Calendar and makes all the arrangements for the trips to ensure successful trips.
· Maintains and updates a database of important contact persons to assist editorial staff in the carrying out of their duties.
· Maintains HR and other required records to submit to Human Resource department for processing.
· Acts as secretary to the Manager to facilitate his daily duties.
· Collect, process and book walk-in advertisements for all NMH publications;
· Refer and assist marketing staff in Swakopmund and Windhoek with the booking and receipt of display advertisements;
· Execute editorial assignments and produce editorial material for publication in consultation with the Manager and editorial staff;
· Organizes social events for the Office to build team spirit and good camaraderie
· Control, supply staff as authorized, reconcile, secure and replenish Petty Cash box from Finance Department to ensure financial responsibility and to provide adequate records of unforeseen expenses in the Office;
· Distribute internal memos, reports and notices to all staff to facilitate internal communication and to keep everyone informed.
· Assist the manager with administration and monitoring of company vehicles when he is not available to ensure transport is available to staff when needed.
· Order and control stationary to prevent shortfalls.
· Performs under supervision, in accordance with general principles and directives.
Assist in the coordination of office activities
· Attends to visitors and callers
· Make travel arrangements
· Arrange relevant meetings, functions and relevant documentation
· Perform secretarial duties
· Control departmental petrol order book, petty cash and stationery
· Administer internal communication
· Maintain appropriate departmental records and filing system
· Adhere to the accepted production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods of
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to adhere to strict deadlines and agreed procedures within and outside the editorial offices;
· To be part of the editorial team and to ensure the development of constructive and cooperative working relationships with others;
. Ability to learn and apply general administrative tasks (personnel, finance, office administration)
· Knowledge of the structure and content of the German language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar;
· Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media;
· Proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks
· Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically and assertively with colleagues as well as internal and external contacts;
· Ability to work to agreed procedures and to follow a methodical approach;
· Attention to detail;
· Proven ability to work as part of a team and to ensure the development of constructive and cooperative working relationships with others;
· Ability to exercise initiative and identify areas for improvement of service
Interested candidates who qualify for the above position can forward their CV with certified copies of
qualifications and relevant documentation to:
The Human Resources Department
E-mail: [email protected]
Please write “Editorial Secretary - Paterson Grade: B5” in the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No documents will be returned